Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pon de Replay - Run, Run, Run, Run - Everybody Run, Run

That was the song on my IPhone as I crossed the finish line today.  LOVE that song. 

I'm not a very good blogger.  Seriously - I know that an integral part of a blog is photos - and that's just not my thing.  Partially because I go to races alone and to stand there and take photos of myself without feeling like a nut job is not an easy thing.  That said - here's my race photo from today.  As you can tell - I'm thrilled.

I ran in my first race in 5 months today.  With 300+ of my closest friends.  It was a 5 miler and I honestly wasn't sure I would be able to do it.  Well - I knew I could do it - I just wasn't sure I could do it without walking more than I ran.

It felt good.  It felt GREAT.  My time was 51.05.  For me that's a good time.  No stopping.  I'm pretty sure it's a PR.  (I haven't gone back to check yet) 

I ran across the Hudson River (on a bridge of course as I certainly don't walk or run on water). It was awesome.  Seriously - a great view and a perfect time of year.  The weather was good - although maybe a little warm.  (I'm getting old and I hate the heat now!)  A good blogger would have taken a picture - but that would have required stopping and I wasn't willing to do that. 

If feels really good to be back in the "game".  I've got two more 5 mile races before the end of the year and I can't wait to see if I can beat my times from last year!  I'm starting to think 1/2 marathon again.  Big question is which one. 

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment